A “Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag” (Certificate of Good Conduct) (VOG) is required for example when applying for a “Toelating van Rechtswege”. The St. Maarten House completes a part of the application form for you on behalf of the government of St. Maarten.

After processing by the St. Maarten house,  you can go to the municipality where you are registered at the time for further processing.

In addition, the municipality will charge costs for your VOG request.  If you are you no longer registered in the Netherlands, you can digitally submit your application via www.justis.nl.

You can submit your application for a VOG with the St. Maarten House in 3 ways:

1. In person:

  • Make an appointment
  • Bring a valid passport
  • work contract / proof of employment on St. Maarten

2. Submit your application by mail:

  • Fill out the VOG application form from question 1 to 1.2 and sign it.
  • Enclose a copy of your valid passport
  • work contract / proof of employment on St. Maarten
  • Mail your documents to; Prinsessegracht # 7, 2514 AN, The Hague to the attention of Mr. J. Badaracco including a stamped retour enveloppe.
  • After processing by the St. Maarten house we wil mail your application back to you in the stamped retour enveloppe you provided 

3. E-mail your application

  • Fill out the VOG application form from question 1 to 1.2 and sign it.
  • Enclose a copy of your valid passport
  • work contract / proof of employment on St. Maarten
  • Mail the application form and required documents to:  jbadaracco@kgmsxm.nl

You can download the VOG form here

The legalization of a document confirms that a document has been issued by a person authorized to do so (for example, an accredited foreign institution). Legalization ensures that the signature on the document actually comes from that person. A document that is signed by various authorities must have these different signatures notarized. After going through this “legalization chain” you can use the document in the Netherlands.

In order to obtain an Attestatie de Vita you will have to make an appointment using the digital agenda or by phone.

You will need the following documents for your Attestatie de Vita:

  1. Valid ID.
  2. Allocation decision of benefit agency.

You can download the Life Certificate form here.

What is and does the BGNAA do?

The BGNAA is the association of pensioners from the former Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. The BGNAA is based in the Netherlands, has been in existence for 65 years and currently has 490 members. The objective of the union is always to be aware of all (legislative) changes that relate to the different types of (pension) benefits and the associated tax legislation. This concerns benefits from the countries of Curaçao, Aruba and Sint Maarten, and from the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland, which includes Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba. The BGNAA informs its members through a Nieuwsblad that appears 3 to 4 times a year, an annual Bewaarblad and via its website.

Group interests and individual interests The union raises all sorts of issues with the relevant authorities of the countries mentioned, both from the group interest and from the personal interests of individual members.

This concerns things like:

• the AOW and AOV benefits
• the pension benefits from APC, APFA, APS and PCN
• the widow’s and orphan’s pension
• the supplement scheme
• the pension payment
• the rights of temporary candidates
• the rights of pensioners living outside the Netherlands
• related taxes.

Members who encounter problems with (the application for) the above issues can turn to the association for support. The purpose of the union is to give members insight into the benefits to which they are entitled and the amounts that go with them. Members who are not familiar with the digital world, filling in online forms and finding the right bodies for their questions (online) can also count on support from the union.

Bridge between members and authorities.

The BGNAA shares the experiences of members with relevant authorities in the Netherlands and overseas territories, so that these authorities get a better view of the problems of the members and so that they can respond to them.

In the Netherlands, the association maintains good contacts with the cabinets of the authorized ministers of Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten.

Thanks to years of excellent cooperation with governments, tax authorities, benefits agencies such as SVB and SZV and the pension funds APC, APFA, APS and PCN, mutual trust is also high in overseas areas. Often said authorities themselves contact the BGNAA so that problems can be solved quickly.


Do you want to become a member of the union and benefit from expert advice on benefits, government pensions and (online) applications? Then sign up via bestuur@bgnaa.nl or via the registration form on our website bgnaa.nl/in/aanregister-voor-de-bgnaa. The contribution is 35 euros per year.